Error 1905.module / failed to unregister / HREsult-2147220472
Gary Hall
2005-04-08 22:03:02 UTC
How do I fix the registery?

I discovered that gcasDTserv.exe was totally running the machine at 50% and
nothing else would run. Bascially the machine would hang.

Was able to rename the file to ".old" and then removed the antispyware. At
the end of the process I got the following error message.
-------------------------------
Error 1905.module C:\Program files\microsoft antispyware\GCCollection.dll
failed to unregister.
HREsult-2147220472. Contact support personel.

Thanks.

Warm regards,

Gary
kazee
2005-04-18 14:31:24 UTC
Post by Gary Hall
failed to unregister.
HREsult-2147220472. Contact support personel.
Thanks.
Warm regards,
Gary
Gary, I had the same problems, and got the answer from Microsoft's
Bug Reporting Group:
Hit "Start" button, type "run regsvr32 /u GCCollection.dll" (without
the quotes), then hit "enter" button.
You should see a small dialog box confirming that it suceeded.